Hello Everyone! My name is Angie, St Barnabas’ Pastoral Manager.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it! I can meet with you at home or in school at a time to suit yourself.
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
Family life can be challenging at times and we all need a bit of advice and support. If you would like a chat to see if I can assist you and your family please feel welcome to come and see me. You can contact me between 8.30 and 4.00 by calling 0121 464 5813 and choosing option 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave a message out of these hours and I will call you back as soon as I can.
Below are a few links that have been useful for St Barnabas Families:
|http://www.nct.org.uk (Support and information on parenting children and young people)|
|Support for young people||
|http://www.samaritans.org||http://bswaid.org (Women’s Aid)|
Children’s Services - 0121 303 1888