Our ethos council represents children in our school. The collective worship committee has children from key stage 1 and 2 whereas, the prayer and spirituality and values committees are from key stage 2.
The Ethos Committee represent the different faiths at Saint Barnabas. They have important roles and responsibilities which include regularly meeting with the Ethos Leader to discuss ethos, RE teaching, collective worship and religious festivals that are celebrated. They are central to our child led worship and contribute to whole school and key stage worship. When we have worship together in the hall, they hold open doors for the whole school, light the candle, say our words of welcome and sending, share our ethos, read from the bible, keep the Collective Worship display up to date, lead the school prayer, say prayers from other faiths and share children's prayers. The Ethos Committee evaluate Collective Worship regularly and are the voice of the pupils for worship time at St Barnabas Primary School.
Ethos committee 2021-2022
Ethos committee leaders Umaiza year 6 Sophia year 5 (on all committees)
Collective worship committee
- leading collective worship, prayers and stories.
- the collective worship log and feedback on collective worship
- making sure collective worship is enjoyable, inclusive and invitational to all
Prayer and spirituality committee
- setting up and running prayer spaces in school
- ensuring our prayer an d reflections are inclusive to all
- promoting times for payer, spirituality and reflection in our school day
- ensuring our values and lived and promoted by everyone.
- being role models and championing our values.
- working to ensure our values stay important and are explored throughout our school day
Harvey year 5 Leah year 4 Molly year 4 Jeevan year 4 Safiyah year 3 Elliot year 2 Emma year 2
Sidoney year 4 Kamso year 4
Dammy Year 3
Kelsie year 5 Leandre year 4
Daisy year 4 Amelie year 4
- We will set a great example to others as role models and champions of our values.
- We will develop our school ethos by ensuring our school has an inclusive and Christian character and follow the example of St Barnabas by being a nurturing and caring family.
- We will lead and work with our ethos leader (Mrs Gardner) to make sure our school is a place where everyone feels included and has the opportunity to grow.
- We will listen to others (adults and pupils) and collect ideas on how to improve our school. We will lead changes. We will celebrate our school and communicate through our weekly newsletter.